Monday, January 25, 2016

GT6 Tips and Tricks: PPI Reduction

I am sure it has been mentioned somewhere but I only independently discovered it yesterday so here goes (lest I forget).

Problem: suppose you have a car you want to use in a specific GT6 race and the car meets all the criteria except one -- too many PPI points. Not by a large margin too many but still too many so the game won't accept your car.

What do you do? We all know how to increase PPI by adding upgrades but what about shaving off some?

Solution. Easy. Go to Car Settings in your garage for the car at hand, choose one of those tabs, say C, (A for stock, B for upgrades, C for reduced PPI). Scroll down and under Body find Ballast Weight. Add some. I am not yet sure if it's car specific but you can add up to 200kg of ballast, and about 4 kg reduces PPI by 1 point. 

Only don't add too much ballast - just the bare minimum needed to make the PPI limit.You can see how those performance points go down.

That's it.

I did it with the 2007 Light Car Company Rocket when I won British Lightweight Challenge with it.

The PPI limit was 550 and would you believe the stock Rocket had 551 so the game refused to accept it (even though there is always one driven by an AI driver) so I brought PP down as outlined above. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop RedBubble