Friday, June 3, 2016

GT4 1986 Toyota MR2 1600 G-Limited Supercharger

Here is a 1986 Toyota MR2 1600 G-Limited Supercharger as featured in Gran Turismo 4 and photographed by myself.


Wearing a coat of Super White and located in Gion, Kyoto, a photo travel location in GT4 (and in GT5 but a different one). 


Gion, Kyoto, is famous for its narrow roads - a traditional Kyoto town layout.


I'll confess I did a bit of post PS2 processing, and GT4 pictures allow you to do it, mainly I lighted them up some as they were too dark to my taste, even if supposedly shot in the evening or at dawn.


"The Toyota MR2 1600 G-Limited Supercharger '86 is a road car produced by Toyota. It first appears in Gran Turismo 2. It is essentially the Toyota MR2 1600 G with an aftermarket supercharger".


Here is my review:

I bought this car on purpose - to win the MR Challenge at the Beginners' Hall in GT4 and it's one of the tougher challenges in the game and NOT only in the Beginners' Hall. I did win the challenge but only after multiple upgrades - in fact, by upgrading everything as regards the engine minus the turbo which became unavailable once I started going through the engine upgrade stages (maybe I should have started with the turbo), and I did add even nitro.

Even after these upgrades I wasn't able to win the challenge straight away as the car became hard to brake and turn. So I went and upgraded even the brakes - something I otherwise never do as I am under the impression that generally it's a waste of money (credits) and doesn't do anything. But in the case of this MR2 it definitely worked, improved my cornering, kept me away from the barriers and eventually enabled me to beat the  MR Challenge, thank you very much. 

A fast car but becomes somewhat wallow-y at speed for some reason.




GT(5) file:

"The fastest model of the MR2, producing incredible speed with a supercharger."


Who knows how serious Toyota was in actually producing an affordable mid-engine sports car when it displayed the MR2 concept at the 1983 Tokyo Motor Show, but it was so warmly received by both the media and the public that by 1984, the first Japanese mass-produced mid-engine sports car had arrived.

The name MR 2 stood for "Midship Runabout for 2", hardcore fans of the car called it the AW11. And when it went on sale in Japan and in the U.S., people flocked to it, especially young men who knew the virtues of a mid-engine sports car.

The car's style looked like a robot from a Japanese manga, with a stubby nose, distinctive sharp edges and a tight, compact 2-seat body. Transversely mounted amidships were the choice of two engines: the same 128 HP 1.6-liter inline-4 (4A-GELU) that powered the AE86 and a 1.5-liter inline-4 (3A-LU) that produced 82 HP.

Thanks to its light weight, the MR2 possessed good acceleration. But taking central stage was the car's amazing handling. A more powerful engine gave the car more appeal to serious drivers in 1986. It came in the form of a supercharged version that spit out 143 HP and 137.4 ft-lb. And for those who preferred feeling the wind blow through their hair while driving, a T-top version was also offered.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop RedBubble